It is that time of the year when ex-employees of Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and its steel plants like Bhilai (BSP), Rourkela (RSP), Bokaro, Durgapur, Salem, etc; run around to renew their medical insurance premiums under the SAIL Mediclaim Scheme.
Ex-employees are usually under stress to get the mediclaim renewed for themselves and their spouses as they hardly get the renewal forms on time, by post. Over these years, we have seen that Insurance Companies and Third Party Administers (TPA) have not been very customer friendly but for the last few years, the renewal form is available online on the SAIL website and there is also a provision to make the premium payment online through State Bank of India (SBI).
The online premium payment is a very easy and convenient option but since most of the ex-employees may not be very Internet savvy, I guess the best option would be for their children to pay it online. However, unlike in the past, to renew the Mediclaim for 2018-19, there is NO need to send any form or receipt to FSS, only the online payment of premium is required.
Steps to make online SAIL Mediclaim premium payment:
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and click on the ‘State Bank Collect’ tab on the menu bar. Select ‘New Version’.
- Next page, click the box ‘I have read and accepted the terms …’ and click on the Proceed button
- Next page – first select ‘National Capital Territory of Delhi’ from drop-down menu under ‘State of Corporate/Institution’ and then select ‘Industry’ under ‘Type of Corporate/Institution’ and then click the Go button
- Next page – select ‘Steel Authority of India Limited’ under Industry name and then click Submit
- Next page – select either ‘Mediclaim Self/ Mediclaim Spouse / Mediclaim Both’, from the drop-down menu, depending on your case
- Enter MIN (Medical Index Number): For ‘Mediclaim self’ or ‘Mediclaim both’, enter the MIN of Ex-employee. For option ‘spouse’ only, enter MIN of the spouse.
- On clicking ‘Submit’, the page displays member details. Premium amount will be automatically displayed
- Enter all other details, as required and then click Submit to proceed to the payment screen where the payment options along with the applicable transaction charges are displayed
- You can make payment through Credit Card / Debit Card / ATM Card / Net Banking. Please note there is a nominal transaction fee.
- On successful payment, please print the e-receipt for your records. If you don’t have a printer at home, please ‘Save as PDF’ and then take a printout outside.
Please note, for renewing the Mediclaim for 2018-19, there is NO need to send any form or receipt to FSS of your respective unit, only the online payment of premium is required.
Note: I have been using the online system to make the premium payment for my parents’ mediclaim ever since it was introduced. It is very easy and convenient if you follow the instructions. My dad worked at Bhilai Steel Plant for 42 years.
Click here to download the SAIL Mediclaim notification details for 2018-19. The payment of renewal premium can be done from April 02 to May 10, 2018.
Last updated March 29, 2018