It is that time of the year when ex-employees of Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and its steel plants like Bhilai (BSP), Rourkela (RSP), Bokaro, Durgapur, Salem, etc; run around to renew their medical insurance premiums under the SAIL Mediclaim Scheme.
Ex-employees are usually under stress to get the mediclaim renewed for themselves and their spouses as they hardly get the renewal forms on time, by post. Over these years, we have seen that Insurance Companies and Third Party Administers (TPA) have not been very customer friendly but for the last few years, the renewal form is available online on the SAIL website and there is also a provision to make the premium payment online through State Bank of India (SBI).
The online premium payment is a very easy and convenient option but since most of the ex-employees may not be very Internet savvy, I guess the best option would be for their children to pay it online. However unlike in the past, to renew the Mediclaim, since 2018-19 there is NO need to send any form or receipt to FSS, only the online payment of premium is required.
Steps to make online SAIL Mediclaim premium payment:
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and click on the ‘SB Collect’ tab on the menu bar.
- Next page, click the box ‘I have read and accepted the terms …’ and click on the ‘Proceed‘ button
- Next page – from the drop-down menu under ‘State of Corporate/Institution’, first select ‘National Capital Territory of Delhi’ and then under ‘Type of Corporate/Institution’, select ‘Industry’ and click the Go button
- Next page – under Industry name, select ‘Steel Authority of India Limited’ and click Submit
- Next, select Payment category from the drop-down menu as ‘Mediclaim Self or Mediclaim Spouse or Mediclaim Both’, depending on your case
- Enter MIN (Medical Index Number): For ‘Mediclaim self’ or ‘Mediclaim both’, enter the MIN of Ex-employee. For option ‘spouse’ only, enter MIN of the spouse.
- On clicking ‘Submit’, the page displays member details. Premium amount will be automatically displayed
- Enter all other details as required and then click Submit to proceed to the payment screen where the payment options along with the applicable transaction charges are displayed. Make a note of the SAIL PNO and the Date of Separation with you before filling the form. SAIL PNO is the Personnel Number (Plant Employee Number). Date of separation is either the date of retirement (superannuation) or the last working date, in case of voluntary retirement (VR).
- You can make payment through Credit Card / Debit Card / ATM Card / Net Banking. Please note there is a nominal transaction fee.
- On successful payment, please print the e-receipt for your records. If you don’t have a printer at home, please ‘Save as PDF’ and then take a printout outside.
I repeat, since 2018-19, there is NO need to send any form or receipt to the FSS of your respective unit, only the online payment of premium is required.
I have been using the online system to make the premium payment for my parents’ mediclaim ever since it was introduced. It is very easy and convenient if you follow the instructions. My dad worked at Bhilai Steel Plant for 42 years – Anil Philip.
Important update: SAIL Mediclaim Scheme (2018-19) has been extended for a period of three (3) months from 11th April to 10th July 2019 with M/s.United India Insurance Co. Ltd. (UII). M/s. MD India Health Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd., will continue to be the TPA for the aforesaid period.
Click here to download the SAIL Mediclaim notification/premium details for 2019-20. The payment of renewal premium can be done till April 30, 2019.
Last updated April 20, 2019