It is that time of the year when ex-employees of Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and its steel plants like Bhilai (BSP), Rourkela (RSP), Bokaro, Durgapur, Salem, etc; are anxious to renew their medical insurance under the SAIL Mediclaim Scheme.
This year, SAIL has offered a number of options to its members for making the payment of their contribution of insurance premium:
1. Online payment utilising the ‘SB Collect option’ offered by State Bank of India.
2. Online payment using SAIL website
3. Generating a Challan using SB Collect option and depositing the same at any State Bank of India, branch.
4. Payment by Cheque/ Pay-order/ Demand Draft to be deposited at designated nine Mediclaim centres at Plant/ Unit locations.
5. Cheques/ Pay-order/ Demand Draft pick-up from a place of your convenience.
6. Payment using NEFT facility of your Bank and remitting money to a designated Bank Account.
Of all the above, the online premium payment is the easiest and convenient but since most of the ex-employees may not be very Internet savvy, I guess the best option would be for their children to pay it online.
Steps to make online SAIL Mediclaim premium payment using SBI website:
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and click on the ‘SB Collect’ tab on the menu bar.
- Next page, click the box ‘I have read and accepted the terms …’ and click on the ‘Proceed‘ button
- Next page – from the drop-down menu under ‘State of Corporate/Institution’, first select ‘National Capital Territory of Delhi’ and then under ‘Type of Corporate/Institution’, select ‘Industry’ and click the Go button
- Next page – under Industry name, select ‘Steel Authority of India Limited’ and click Submit
- Next, select Payment category from the drop-down menu as ‘Mediclaim Self or Mediclaim Spouse or Mediclaim Both’, depending on your case
- Enter MIN (Medical Index Number): For ‘Mediclaim self’ or ‘Mediclaim both’, enter the MIN of Ex-employee. For option ‘Spouse’ only, enter MIN of the spouse.
- On clicking ‘Submit’, the page displays member details. Premium amount will be automatically displayed
- Enter all other details as required and then click Submit to proceed to the payment screen where the payment options along with the applicable transaction charges are displayed. Make a note of the SAIL PNO and the Date of Separation with you before filling the form. SAIL PNO is the Personnel Number (Plant Employee Number). Date of separation is either the date of retirement (superannuation) or the last working date, in case of voluntary retirement (VR).
- You can make payment through Credit Card / Debit Card / ATM Card / Net Banking. Please note there is a nominal transaction fee.
- On successful payment, please print the e-receipt for your records. If you don’t have a printer at home, please ‘Save as PDF’ and then take a printout outside.
Please note that to renew the SAIL Mediclaim, there is NO need to send any form or receipt to FSS of your respective unit, only the online payment of premium is required.
The SAIL Mediclaim Scheme for 2019-20 will be effective from 11th July 2019 to 10th July 2020 with an option to extend it for another three months till 10th October 2020, on the same terms and conditions.
Click here to download the SAIL Mediclaim notification/premium details for 2019-20. The payment of renewal premium can be done till July 31, 2019.
Note: I have been using the online system to make the premium payment for my parents’ mediclaim ever since it was introduced. It is very easy and convenient if you follow the instructions. My dad worked at Bhilai Steel Plant for 42 years – Anil Philip