Trivandrum is the capital of Kerala and a lot of people from north India visit Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram, as it is now called, especially during the tourist season. One common question that people often ask is “Is north Indian thali available in Trivandrum?
Yes of course. In this video, we have shown five places where you can get a reasonably good north Indian thali in Trivandrum. Here the north Indian thali is also called as ‘limited meals thali’ The menu in most of these places are very similar – thandoori roti or phulka, daal, one or two curries / sabji (side-dish), curd, pickle and some rice. All the places are close to the Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station and the main KSRTC bus stand at Thampanoor, all within walking distance.
The hotels we have covered are:
- Hotel Sharma Punjabi Dhaba at Aristo Jn.
- Sharma’s Punjabi Dhaba at Aristo Jn.
- Sharma Restaurant at S S Kovil Road (Opposite RMS Office)
- Chidambar Punjabi Dhaba near Overbridge
- Ramji Bhojanalay Punjabi Dhaba near Overbridge
Please check out the video below for details.